Antwerp MS Festival
November 22 - November 25, 2018
Journeys of Hope
At this festival we will explore migration past and present through the eyes of migrants who leave for new worlds in search of a better and safer future
Out & About
The Red Star Line Museum where students will embark on an eventful journey through the museum in the footsteps of emigrants.
Historical, conceptual, people
ISTA Event Coordinator
Antwerp International School
Tel: +32 3543 9300
The festival starts at 4.00pm on Thursday 22nd of November 2018 and finishes at 12.30pm on Sunday 25th of November 2018
- Registration opens 27th September 2018
- Registration closes 11th October 2018
- Please note:
- We advise that you have your group confirmed and all information collected prior to 27th of September 2018.
- Travel information will be required as part of the registration process this year. Please have travel details confirmed by the time the registration window closes.
- All schools will need to be at Antwerp International School in time for a 4:00pm start on Thursday 22nd of November 2018 and may leave the school after the close of the festival at 12:30pm on Sunday 25th of November 2018. Please arrange international travel accordingly.
- ISTA artists
- ISTA artists will need to arrive on Wednesday 21st November 2018 in time for an evening meal and may leave the school on Sunday after 1:00pm. Please arrange flights accordingly.
- The ISTA Rep will arrive into Antwerp by Tuesday evening 20th November to spend Wednesday in school with the host.
- Registration fees
- GBP £206 per student – member schools.
- GBP £157.50 per student – host school (first 25 students).
- This includes the cost of an ISTA t-shirt.
- GBP £10 airport transfers
GBP £10 out and about.
- Total per student
- GBP £226 members GBP £167.50 host.
- GBP £50 – visiting member schools, towards catering etc
GBP £97 – visiting non-member schools registration fee (includes meals at school)
GBP £10 airport transfers
GBP £10 out and about
- GBP £12 ISTA t-shirt (optional)
Total per teacher/chaperone
GBP £82 members
GBP £129 non-members.
- Please note:
1. A GBP £500 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit will be invoiced upon booking.
2. A GBP £500 cancellation fee will be invoiced to any school cancelling within 12 weeks from the start of the festival, in addition to the deposit withheld.
3. A GBP £150 late registration fee per school booking will be invoiced to schools if the registrations are received after the registration window has closed.
4. All invoices are payable within 28 days of receipt. If not, places cannot be guaranteed at the festival.
Travel & Visas
All participants will fly into Antwerp International Airport
All schools are responsible for booking their own travel and visas for the festival.
ISTA artists are responsible for booking their own flights to the festival and will use our travel agency for this. Artist teams will be activated 12 weeks prior to the festival and your EC will talk you through the process for booking flights at the time of activation. Artists are also responsible for ensuring they have the necessary visa to enter Belgium
Single rooms will be booked for visiting teachers and chaperones for the nights of the 22nd, 23rd, 24th of November 2018 at one of the designated hostels.
We work on a price range of approximately GBP£95 per person per night, including breakfast.
Visiting schools will be responsible for paying for rooms upon arrival. We can make provision for schools to pay hotel bills ahead of time.
Students will stay either with host families or in a local hostel.
There will be no charge for accommodation.
Housing will be offered for three nights from the 22nd of November.
Single rooms will be booked for ISTA artists for 4 nights from the 21st of November 2018.
An additional night will be booked for the Rep who will arrive on the 20th of November 2018.
Artists will be responsible for any miscellaneous costs during their stay at the hotel.
Breakfast – for visiting teachers at the hotel, for visiting students with host families.
Lunches daily provided by the host school (does not include Sunday).
Dinner – 2 evening meals provided; 3rd evening meal is the social meal for visiting teachers/chaperones and will be taken with host families for students.
All meals will be provided by the host school.
Please find below the relevant documentation for you to download:
Starts on Thursday 22 November
Finishes on Sunday 25 November at 12:30
Participants• Antwerp International School
• Copenhagen International School
• Dresden International School
• International School of Berne
• International School of Geneva, Le Chataigneraie
• International School of Luxembourg
• International School of Toulouse
• Krakow International School
Artists• Anthony Cunningham
• Carl Robinson
• Helen Abbott
• James Lehmann
• Laurie Neall
• Sita Verma
• Vicki Close