Singapore PS (2)
March 15 - March 17, 2019
The soul of your shoe
At this festival we will explore our history and our stories through shoes, real and magical, new or worn, exploring which shoes we put on, who they help us to be and where they are going to take us.
Out & About
This festival will have a number of inspirational activities around the theme of shoes:
– a shoe museum – a community project in which members share the stories of their shoes which will be on display;
– a breakout session in which participants discover the big wide world of shoes;
– a visit from a local service organisation who collect and distribute shoes to communities in SE Asia; incorporated with a shoe drive with festival participants;
– a performance from a storyteller sharing stories from around the world – “walking in someone else’s shoes”.
Artistic, cultural, historical, literary.
ISTA Event Coordinator
Australian International School (Singapore)
1 Lor Chuan
Tel: + 65 6883 5155
The festival starts at 12:30pm on Friday 15th March 2019 and finishes at 5:00pm on Sunday 17th March 2019.
Information for visiting schools
Registration opens 11th January 2019.
Registration closes 25th January 2019.
We advise that you have your group confirmed and all information collected prior to 11th January 2019. All schools should plan to be at AIS, Singapore for a 12:30pm start on Friday and should plan to leave the school no earlier than 5:00pm on the Sunday.
ISTA artists will need to arrive on Thursday 14th March 2019 in time for an evening meal and may leave AIS after 5:30pm on the Sunday. Please arrange flights accordingly. The ISTA Rep will arrive into Singapore by Wednesday evening 13th January 2019 to spend Thursday with the host. Artist travel information is required by 25th January 2019.
Artists will take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and are asked to keep the receipts to submit to Jo.
GBP £180 per student – member schools.
GBP £138 per student – host school (first 25 students).
This includes the cost of an ISTA t-shirt.
GBP £10 out and about.
Total per student
GBP £190 members, GBP £148 host.
GBP £50 – visiting member schools, towards catering etc.
GBP £89 – visiting non-member schools registration fee (includes lunches at school).
GBP £10 out and about.
GBP £12 ISTA t-shirt (optional).
Total per teacher/chaperone
GBP £72 members.
GBP £111 non-members.
1. A GBP £500 non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit will be invoiced upon booking.
2. A GBP £500 cancellation fee will be invoiced to any school cancelling within 12 weeks from the start of the festival, in addition to the deposit withheld.
3. A GBP £150 late registration fee per school booking will be invoiced to schools if the registrations are received after the registration window has closed.
4. All invoices are payable within 28 days of receipt. If not, places cannot be guaranteed at the festival.
Travel & Visas
All schools attending will be local to Singapore. It is the school’s responsibility to organise daily travel to and from AIS. Either using school buses and travelling as a group or organising parents to drop off and pick up. It is also the school’s responsibility to ensure that all children can take part in the festival fully.
ISTA artists are responsible for booking their own flights to the festival and will use our travel agency for this. Artist teams will be activated 12 weeks prior to the festival and your EC will talk you through the process for booking flights at the time of activation. Artists are also responsible for ensuring they have the necessary visa to enter Singapore.
There will be no accommodation needed for participants as all will travel daily.
ISTA will book and pay for single room accommodations for the nights of 14th, 15th and 16th March 2019. An additional night will be booked for the Rep who will arrive on the 13th March 2019. Artists will be responsible for any miscellaneous costs during their stay at the hotel.
Breakfast – for participants will be taken at home.
Lunch – participants are asked to bring a packed lunch on Friday to eat prior to the 12:30pm start; or eat lunch before travelling. Lunch on Saturday and Sunday will be provided.
Dinner – no dinners are provided as part of this festival.
All meals will be provided by the host school.
Starts on Friday 15 March
Finishes on Sunday 17 March at 17:00 .
Australian International School
1 Lor Chuan,
Phone: +65 6883 5155
Participants• Australian International School, Singapore
• GEMS World Academy (Singapore)
• Tanglin Trust School