September 1 - May 31, 2022
Please note that TaPS online is available from 1st September 2020 – 31st May 2022.
Once you have booked with us you will be contacted by your event coordinator who will work with you to secure dates. Please see below for more information about how this new program will work.
The TaPS online experience engages young people with the philosophy of the DP Theatre course, its core components and the assessment tasks.
TaPS online acts as a launchpad for students’ explorations of theatre within the context of the course; to further pursue once the course has finished.
All participants will take part in one 90 minute master class. Schools booking for TaPS online will be able to choose from a list of master classes on offer.
Please see the downloads section below for further details.
As part of TaPS online we will be asking all teachers to organise one theatre performance for your students to experience during the course. This can be a live performance in a local theatre or can be a live/recorded performance online.
TaPS online consists of a combination of slideshows and activities which will be sent to you by your ISTA artist to work through on your own with your students and ‘live’ interactive workshops led by the ISTA artist. Each slide show contains video, audio and content material as well as 90 minutes of activities pertaining to the session focus. The interactive sessions led by the ISTA artist will focus on presentational material developed by the students along with further content, activities and opportunities for reflection.
Once booked, we will ask you to create your own schedule. This will consist of 11 ‘slots’ lasting 90 minutes each. We will be encouraging you to organise this as an immersive/intensive experience rather than lasting a term. We recommend the entire experience spans 1 week – 10 days.
Your sessions can take place during regular IB classes, before or after school, in the evenings and/or at weekends.
Upon receiving the schedule information you will have one week to complete your bespoke schedule for your students.
We also ask that you allow 3 weeks from the time of completing your schedule to the time when your online course begins. This will enable us to secure your ISTA artists.
Please see the downloads section below for further details; we have created two sample schedules to give you an idea of what the TaPS online experience may look like.
Once you have booked we will allocate you an event coordinator who will work with you to set up the TaPS online experience.
School circumstances and COViD-19
TaPS online can work for all schools whether you are:
1. Still teaching online.
2. Operating on a blended model.
3. Back in school in a socially distanced classroom.
4. Back in school as normal.
Unlike a TaPS event we will not be charging individual student registration fees. Instead, there will be one fee for your group/experience.
We have created 4 bands of fees so the course fee for TaPS online will be:
ISTA member schools
GBP £1,000 for 1-5 students.
GBP £1,500 for up to 10 students.
GBP £2,000 for up to 15 students.
GBP £2,500 for up to 20 students.
Non member schools
GBP £1,100 for 1-5 students.
GBP £1,650 for up to 10 students.
GBP £2,200 for up to 15 students.
GBP £2,750 for up to 20 students.
If you have more than 20 students who wish to take part, please let us know and we’ll discuss options with you.
Upon receipt of your booking form you will be invoiced for the total amount and this will be due within 14 days.
Whether schools chose to cover this cost or whether you decide to divide the total cost by the number of students participating is up to you.
Starts on Tuesday 01 September
Finishes on Tuesday 31 May at 17:00
Participants• ACS Cobham International School
• ACS International (Singapore)
• American School of Brasilia
• Anglo-American School of Moscow
• Australian International School Singapore
• Bangkok Patana School
• Carlucci American International School of Lisbon
• Creative Secondary School, Hong Kong
• Dwight School London
• Gyeonggi Suwon International School
• Halcyon London International School
• Inter-Community School Zurich
• International College Spain
• International School of Basel
• International School of Dusseldorf
• International School of Kenya
• International School of Phnom Penh
• International School of Zug and Luzern
• Jakarta Intercultural School
• King William’s College
• Marymount International School, London
• Overseas School of Colombo
• Ravenswood School for Girls
• Santa Margarita Catholic High School
• Seoul Foreign School
• St George’s British International School, Rome
• St John’s International School
• The International School of Penang (Uplands)
• The KAUST School
• The Shri Ram School
• Vienna International School
• Wellington Shanghai