Yew Chung/ISTA festival
November 19 - November 21, 2020
This festival comprises 4 x 2 hour sessions that will take place on a virtual platform.
Aimed at students primarily taking the iGCSE and/or DP Theatre programme.
Each workshop focusses on a specialised topic that will enable students to develop their skills and understandings of the chosen topic which will in turn enhance their studies in both the coursework and assessment tasks related to the above courses.
- Session #1 – Group devising: tips and techniques for virtual collaborations.
- Session #2 – Performing skills (page to stage): understanding solo work.
- Session #3 – Building the directing concept: preparing for the written exam and director’s notebook.
- Session #4 – Developing techniques for virtual coursework: preparing for coursework recording in the midst of a social distancing atmosphere.
All sessions will be led by an experienced and highly qualified ISTA international artist.
This will be a virtual festival and students will log on from home – using a centrally designed platform. Details will be provided for participating schools closer to the event date.
Session times are noted below in local Hong Kong times:
- Session #1 – Thursday 19th November 2020 – 4:30-6:30pm
- Session #2 – Friday 20th November 2020 – 4:30-6:30pm
- Session #3 – Saturday 21st November 2020 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Session #4 – Saturday 21st November 2020 – 1:00-3:00pm
The registration fee for students is GBP £90.
Teachers will make the booking for all students at their school once permission has been given by parents.
Upon registration ISTA will provide schools with an invoice for the total amount owing (GBP £90 x number of students per school group).
Please register ASAP and registration will close one week prior to the festival starting date.
Please refer to our event terms and conditions for details of late registration/cancellation fees.
Starts on Thursday 19 November
Finishes on Saturday 21 November at 15:00 .