In light of the delay to the launch of the new DP Theatre course, ISTA will be adjusting its schedule of trainings over the next two years.
As a DP Theatre teacher, if you haven’t been informed of this news, please check in with your IB coordinator. A comms has been sent to all IB coordinators and a further comms is planned for the beginning of September, by way of DP coordinator notes.
For experienced DP Theatre teachers
• The SSS workshops that were due to take place between February – April 2021 will now take place in 2022. Same venues, same weekend dates – just one year later!
• There will be no customary Category 2 workshops between now and the SSSs.
• The launch of the new Category 3 workshops will move from summer 2022 to summer 2023.
• We are, however, delivering regular monthly workshops for DP Theatre teachers on various aspects of the course. Please click here for more details.
• These monthly workshops will continue between January – May 2021 and we’d be delighted to hear from you about your interests and needs for DP Theatre PD&L.
For new DP Theatre teachers
If you are new to teaching DP Theatre this year we are excited to announce that ISTA will be offering online Category 1 workshops. The first of these take place in October/November. Please use the links below to find out more:
• Category 1 DP Theatre training for teachers in Africa, Europe and the Middle East
• Category 1 DP Theatre training for teachers in the Americas
• Category 1 DP Theatre training for teachers in Asia Pacific
These workshops are synchronous, interactive and collaborative!
There will be further Cat 1 training opportunities in summer 2021.
New teachers are also very welcome to join us at our monthly PD&L workshops.
If you have questions about training and/or about our DP Theatre monthly workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org