At Verdala International School (VIS), we believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our students’ success and that contributions extend well beyond the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, the job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but does not limit the employee or VIS to only the work identified. It is a basic expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our students and school.
Purpose of Role
To ensure learning for all VIS students in accordance with VIS’ policies, procedures, programmes, curriculum, Student Profile and the school’s Vision and Mission and Guiding Statements.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Support, model and promote the school’s mission, vision, values and guiding statements.
● Implement and develop curricular programmes.
● Be student centered and continually work towards improving holistic student learning through the use of VIS curriculum.
● Create a safe and caring environment in which all students can learn and thrive.
● Differentiate for the full range of student needs in each classroom.
● Implement a collaborative approach to planning for and delivering instruction, professional development (and all other duties associated with the role) in order to improve one’s own professional practice.
● Engage in and support collaborative, inclusive practices by working in partnership with the Director of Wellbeing, colleagues and administration.
● Read, understand and comply with all school policies, procedures, plans and foundational documents.
● Effectively understand, use and integrate technology.
● Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
● Maintain accurate records related to all aspects of the role.
● Communicate effectively with the community and build relationships that support learning
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Principal
● Bachelor of Education (or equivalent)
● Teacher Certification (ability to acquire teacher warrant)
● 2 years of teaching experience at the appropriate grade level or subject area (preferred).
● Experience with inquiry based pedagogical practices.
● Experience working in a collaborative team setting.
● Experience implementing an inclusive approach to teaching and learning.
Skills, Values, Attitudes and Dispositions
● Inquiry mindset to personal professional growth
● Flexible thinking.
● Whole-school mindset.
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Service approach to working with students and the community.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Positive interpersonal skills.
Click here to view the VIS job posting link