ARTIST IN RESIDENCE (AiR), MENTORING & CONSULTANCIES
Online and Face to Face
ISTA’s Artist in Residence (AiR), Mentoring and Consultancies programmes bring inspiring professional international artists who are experts in their field into your school to work with your students or staff. AiRs are available in both a virtual setting or face to face when travel/ location of artist and school align.
Artist in Residence (AiR)
AiRs are designed to fit a teacher’s needs and goals. They act as an enhancement to student learning bringing knowledge, experience and expertise that benefits any classroom across age groups and curriculums.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the theatre skills and expertise available through our AiR programme.
High school theatre
|IB DP Theatre|
IB MYP Drama
IB PYP Drama
Middle school drama
Theatre of the Absurd
ISTA mentoring is a programme that matches individuals with mentors who can support and help them develop in a chosen area. This supports both professional development and personal growth.
ISTA Mentoring works on a more personal and one to one level. It provides experienced and professional specialist mentors from a range of diverse fields of knowledge. Our mentors offer their skills and perspectives to those who require an individual and more focused approach to their professional development and growth.
Some of the areas where ISTA can offer mentoring:
- Professional development and growth
- Curriculum planning
- Authentic assessment
- Developing new courses
- Managing change
- Developing leadership skills
- Managing a team
- Developing creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Strategies for reflective practice and career advancement
- Artistic practice
- Working with new courses and assessments
- Refresh and revive
Consultancies are bespoke short or long term programmes designed to meet the needs of your organisation. They are delivered by experienced specialists and developed to have high impact.
ISTA consultants work with leaders, educators, and young people. They offer practical strategies, particular to your setting, that can be immediately implemented. Their approach is collaborative and solutions focussed.
Examples of consultancies offered through ISTA:
- The collaborative workplace; building teams for innovation
- Curriculum design and delivery; primary, middle and high school including IB PYP and MYP
- Interdisciplinary teaching and learning
- The power of story; using narrative to change the world
- The creative practitioner and initiator
- Developing the global learner
- Character and values driven education
- The art of kindness; building resilience through compassion in the post-pandemic world
- The reflective learner
- Word to action; developing your mission and ethos
- Service learning for an equitable world
Get your AiR, Mentoring or Consultancy started by filling in this form:
The ISTA AiR program provides a wealth of outstanding opportunities for teachers to enrich their curriculums in your own classroom and have an impact on all of your students. It’s like bringing an ISTA Festival into your class.