Professional Development & Learning
Our monthly PD&L virtual workshops are proving to be hugely successful!
‘Thanks so much for running these sessions. They are just such a brilliant way of connecting and learning.’
Cath Rankin, International School of Manila, The Philippines
So much so that we are increasing and broadening our offer for January through to May 2021. Each month we offer a 90 minute workshop for all Theatre teachers as well as one specifically for DP Theatre teachers. Each workshop is delivered through 4 sessions designed for teachers in different regions and offering both weekly, evening sessions as well as Saturday sessions.
Our January – May 2021 schedule includes:
|January 2021||Practical strategies for wellbeing with Bek Smith and The director’s viewpoint (Anne Bogart) with Angela David|
|February 2021||How well do we know our own context? (diversity, equity and inclusion) with Malina Patel and Movesync (physical theatre inspired by Crystal Pite) with Simon Bell|
|March 2021||Creative approaches to teaching Shakespeare with Juliette O’Brien and Helen Abbott and Laban with Jane Coulston|
|April 2021||The art of reflection with Dinos Aristidou and Rakugo in practice with Fenella Kelly|
|May 2021||Hear Us Out verbatim technique with Dinos Aristidou and Oral storytelling in African Theatre with Awelani Moyo|
For more information and to visit the specific webpages please click here.
Please note that for the workshops listed below we are inviting all our member theatre teachers to invite a colleague… and are offering a 20% discount for all of you who can! And as some of these workshops are applicable for all faculty – get your school to commit to 5 teachers attending and we’ll offer you a free place. This offer applies to the following workshops:
• Practical strategies for wellbeing – all teachers interested in wellness/wellbeing in schools.
• How well do we know our own context? – all teachers interested in diversity, equity and inclusion in the classroom.
• Creative approaches to teaching Shakespeare – all English teachers.
Studios coming soon…
Our 2021 season of virtual 3 day Studios which will include:
• Developing a middle school curriculum.
• Authentic assessment in the middle school theatre programme.
• Drama in the primary school.
• Interdisciplinary units and theatre.
• Drama for social justice.