ISTA for Schools
Enrich the lives of your students and teachers by becoming a member of our thriving global community.
We know you are passionate about your school and we share your passion.
There are more than 200 schools from across the globe who are members of our diverse, vibrant and inspiring community. We help place your school community in the heart of a thriving international arts organisation. By becoming a member you’ll be directly addressing a wide range of standards explicit in accrediting and authorising bodies such as the IB, NESAC, CIS and MSA.
Your students are at the heart of everything we do. We produce over 60 events a year for young people aged 7 to 19 with the aim of empowering them to transform themselves, their lives and the world we live in.
What we do for schools
The collaboration, creation and community students experience at our events will transfer into your vision for your own school’s community.
We address standards explicit in many accreditation and authorising bodies and give your students access to world-class practitioners.
We’ll help grow and develop your arts programming, allowing you to offer a wealth of life changing opportunities to your students.
What do we get as members of ISTA?
It’s a big list! ISTA members get the following…
– Access to fabulous theatre festivals around the world for primary, middle and high school students.
– Reduced registration fees for our student TaPS – immersive three-day events for students of IB DP Theatre.
– Reduced registration fees for our IB workshops for teachers of IB DP Theatre.
– Access to and reduced rates for our Artist in Residence (AiR) programme which is where we offer bespoke residencies from one day to a week (or more!) where an artist comes into your school to work with students or teachers on an aspect of theatre chosen by you.
– Access and reduced rates for our school wide consultancy programme – where outstanding and hugely experienced arts educators work with any section of faculty in your school.
– Our online resource centre with hundreds of resources written by teachers, for teachers.
– Our tri-annual publication of Scene, our magazine full of exciting and useful articles.
– Regular, diverse and ongoing professional development opportunities for theatre teachers.
– Access to our international network of theatre teachers.
How much is membership and how long does it last for?
It costs £465 for schools to become a member, with the membership running from June 1st to May 31st. If you join half way through a year, you’ll be charged pro rata.
How do we become members?
What’s in it for our teachers and students?
You’ll be giving your students access to life changing experiences and providing them with the opportunity to take part in an experience that will remain with them for their whole lives.
Your teachers will have access to a global community, helping them develop as professionals and grow as teachers and educators.
Once we’re members how do we book our students on to events?
As soon as we release our programme of events for the coming year all our members are notified and have the opportunity to book. Teachers then register individual students closer to the time. For more information please refer to our terms and condition document.
When are we invoiced for membership?
You’ll be invoiced after we receive all of the details we require for membership.
What happens if our school won't commit to the expense of membership?
You can always join as an individual teacher first, this is what many teachers choose.
Then get yourself to an event, gather documentation to present back to your school.
Often when SMTs see the impact of membership on teachers and students, they will commit.